1 2 3 4


Who is entitled to shop tax free?

When shopping overseas you can claim a tax refund on purchases that you personally export from that country. To obtain a refund within the European Union (EU) you have to reside outside the Union. The following countries are members of the EU: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.

Do I always need to validate the export of my goods?

Yes. In order to obtain a refund on purchased goods you have to prove exportation with a customs stamp on your Tax Refund Cheque. Show your purchases, receipts, and the Tax Refund Cheque to customs officials before leaving the country, and have your cheque stamped. When travelling within the EU, show your purchases and documents to customs officials in the last EU country you visit before leaving Europe. When leaving by train, road or sea, show your purchases and documents to customs officials at the border or when you board the ship.

Is a minimum spend required for entitlement to a tax refund?

Yes in France the minimum is €175,01.

Where and how can I obtain my refund?

You can receive your refund in the way that’s most convenient. We can pay in cash, refund directly to your credit card, make a direct bank transfer, or send you a bank cheque. Please, be advised that Euro Free Shopping can only refund to international credit cards, ie.: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, JCB and CUP but not to debit cards. You can choose to receive an Immediate Refund, either to your credit card or in cash at the airport of departure. If you want the refund on your credit card, or a bank cheque sent to your home address, please fill in your contact details on your Tax Refund Cheque and mail it to the Euro Free Shopping address on your Tax Refund Cheque, using the designated envelope.

Does Tax Free Shopping apply to goods that are shipped, sent by courier or bought on the internet?

No. Tax Free Shopping only applies to goods that are bought at an affiliated retailer and exported in your luggage.

Where should I send my Refund Form?

Please send us your Refund Form using the envelope provided. In case you do not have anymore, please send to the following:

Euro Free Shopping
33 Chemin des fades